Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Fabulous Outstanding Superb Chocolate Chip Cookies

It happens every year about this time. I get the itch to bake. I want to turn on the oven and make some mouthwatering desserts. Well, even though I paid an astronomical fee to the power company last month for the privilege of being cool, I could take it no longer. The oven came on. And cookies were made.

These cookies are truly delicious. If it were not so, I would not tell you so.

The secret ingredient? Yep…a cucumber!



Just kidding. No cucumbers! There is absolutely no veggies or fruit in these cookies. They consist of pure butter…chocolate…sugar…pudding…yep, all yummy stuff that the world says is no good for you. But…they sure taste good!

Here is the recipe:

1 c butter, softened
¼ c sugar
¾ c brown sugar, tightly packed
1 tsp vanilla
1 3oz package instant vanilla pudding
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
2 ¼ c flour
1 cup chocolate chunks (Ghirardelli works quite nicely!)




Mix flour and baking soda. Set aside. Chop chocolate bar into chunks.

(be careful not to cut off your husband's fingers as he steals chocolate!)



Mix butter, sugars, vanilla and pudding. Add eggs. Beat well. Gradually add in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate chunks.


(I have to threaten the fam as they will eat all this dough resulting in no baked cookies!)


Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Slightly flatten.

(Please disregard the state of that cookie sheet! When we moved, my good ones accidently got donated to Goodwill. Someone is happy!)


Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes or until just set.

This makes about 3 dozen cookies.

(Now my husband tells me I should have made two batches!)


Enjoy!





4 comments:

  1. I once posted a chocolate zucchini cake recipe on my recipe blog... a reader left a comment why would you want to ruin a good cake with vegetables! I think she was quite serious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS... forgot... the recipe looks yummy... with or without the cucs!

    ReplyDelete